Thursday, August 18, 2011

1950s Food

If you decide to serve dinner at your sock hop, there are many choices of food that fit the theme. For my party, I'm having hot dogs/ hamburgers and french fries/onion rings. You could also have mini meatloaf and mashed potatoes for everyone, or even get a bunch of frozen t.v. dinners. I'm putting my food in a  red  plastic basket which included red and white checked wax paper that I got at Walmart. They look like authentic diner baskets! Drinks are going to be in mini glass coke bottles I found at a dollar store for 2 for a dollar. You can also order striped paper straws from various places online.
I'm also going to have a make your own sundae or milkshake spot, so I'll stock up on vanilla and chocolate ice cream, coke, root beer, chocolate syrup, and get the blender ready. I found out how to make some popular 1950's drinks, like a brown cow (root beer float) and an egg cream (seltzer water, milk, and chocolate syrup). However, an egg cream doesn't sound very appealing to me, but maybe some guests will be more adventurous :).

No comments:

Post a Comment