Monday, August 15, 2011

Sockhop Invites

Sock hop invites are pretty easy to make, especially if you only need to make a a few. Using construction paper, black poster board, and a marker, you can create a 1950's record. I used a plate to trace circles on the black poster board, and then cut them out. I traced a cup on pink (or whatever colors you are using for your party; mine were mostly pink, black, and white) construction paper, and glued them in the center of the black records. I used a marker to draw a black dot in the center, then in a circle around that dot I wrote Kelly's Sweet Sixteen Sock Hop". I typed up the info about the party (when, where, etc.) on the computer and glued that to the back of the record. To fit the invite in an envelope I bent the records in half. And wha-la - you have invites! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment